Chieftaincy Tussle: Nkanu East Chairman Caution Against Defamation, Blackmail, Misrepresentation Of Facts


It has come to the attention of the performing and outstanding chairman of  Nkanu East LGA and ALGON, Hon. Okechukwu Sydney Edeh, that some elements are hellbent on tarnishing, defaming and  circulating falsehood against his person for reasons best known to them. 

   Edeh said some “anti-democratic elements” have been engaging in smear campaigns against  him recently. 

  "The recent allegation of collecting 100m bribe from one Igweship aspirant from Mburumbu being circulated online few days ago by some people from same Mburumbu town and the sudden negative narratives and campaign of calumny by some other faceless people in the name of politics is mischievous."    

  "To set the record straight, I received in my office on my capacity as  executive chairman of Nkanu East LGA, Mburumbu general Assembly delegation on courtesy call. They presented chief Jerry Onuokaibe whom they described as their nominated candidate for Mburumbu Igweship election. I accepted their presentation and promised to communicate their visit to appropriate authorities as demanded by law.

   "As the executive chairman of Nkanu East, it is part of my responsibilities to receive those that call on my office daily and as well pay attention to them. It is unfortunate that after then, i started seeing all manner of publications against my person and office from some indigenes of Mburumbu especially the town union president, accusing me of taking a bribe of 100m from Chief Onuokaibe and Mburumbu general Assembly.it is not in my position as LGA chairman to endorse or conduct igweship election but that of the state ministry of local government and Chieftaincy matters. Today again, my attention was also drawn to publication from one faceless Ejike valentine  Nnaji in publication made this morning, trying to set me up with some Nkanu East stakeholders. I distance myself from the character as I have never met with or interacted with him directly or indirectly. This is unacceptable, hence I caution the public against spreading falsehood or damaging information against my person or office as the executive chairman of the Nkanu East LGA," Edeh explained.

   "I firmly believe in open and transparent communication, and I am always willing to engage with the public, address concerns, and provide accurate information about myself and my work for the betterment of our local government" he added. I encourage everyone to seek accurate information from reliable sources and approach discussions with fairness, honesty, and respect before publishing.

  "It is sad that a body like Mburumbu Town union can not do due diligence and investigate properly. The publication they made on 16th, of Jan 2024, exonerating me from the said 100m allegation is not only afterthought, but showed  how deep primitive politics can turn people into blackmailing others. I further charge ndị Nkanu East especially mongers to refrain from making unsubstantiated and inflammatory expressions as a deliberate attempt to ensure social instability in the LGA."

I would like to assure the public that I remain committed to serving our LGA irrespective of the distractions, to the best of my abilities. I'm committed to delivering people oriented projects to our people, like the ongoing Construction of Iyiakpu Bridge, completion of Ojorowo bridge Nara, rural electrification going on at ugbawka, cassava farms both at Amagunze and Akpawfu, construction of 4km roads at ugbawka and much more. It is my responsibility to maintain high standards of leadership and governance, and I value the trust and confidence that you have placed in me.


Henceforth, Should any false or damaging information be brought to my attention, appropriate legal action will be taken against the perpetrators /mongers to protect my reputation and ensure the truth is brought to light. I kindly request the cooperation of members of the public  refrain from engaging in any form of defamatory acts or spreading baseless rumors.


Together, let us continue to work towards a prosperous and united Nkanu East, where truth, and integrity  will prevail. Let us also, 

Pray and support our beloved brother the Executive Governor of Enugu State Barr Peter Ndubuisi Mbah 

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.


Powered by

Nkanu East media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PROFILE OF HON CHARLES ILODI, ISIUZO LGA CHAIRMANSHIP ASPIRANT

Disregard Media Blackmail Against PDP Chairmanship Nominee in Uzo Uwani LGA - Nkpologu Community

Enugu: Mburubu 'Kingmakers' Council of Chiefs Denounce Controversial Self- Acclaimed Traditional Ruler